Cox or Allen?Xiaoshan 04/12 1779
About John Cox.
Do your own research, but here is what I found: John Cox, 62, is a recent transplant to California from Obama’s Chicago, his hometown until a few years ago. He will tell you he has lived in California for 10 years, but the truth is he has only been a full-time California resident for less than 3 1/2 of those 10 years. He was raised by a single mother who is a staunch democrat and was an avid union member. Cox is the sole shareholder and president of Property Equity Management LLC, and although a self-proclaimed advocate for the taxpayer, a large portion of his millions is made from taxpayers themselves through multiple Section 8 apartment complexes owned in other states. Through layers of different business names and partnerships, Property Equity Management is able to maximize taxpayer dollars into its account by hiking up rents and gaining access to favorable HUD re-fi loans. He claims he abhors crony capitalism, yet his business-political nexus is actually the definition. Cox touts himself as a businessman who despises politicians, but he has spent the past 20 years self-funding attempts to become a politician himself. His campaigns in Illinois for senate, congress, county clerk, and U.S.president, all ended in failure in spite of the more than $10 million dollars out of his own pocket mostly spent to promote himself on T.V. and radio. His 2008 presidential run was so insignificant he wasn't allowed into the Reagan Library Presidential Debate, but millionaire Cox would not be told no. He donned fake press-photographer credentials and sneaked in anyway. The deception was discovered while he sought press attention to bemoan not being invited. He was kicked off the Reagan Library grounds and led out. He later received zero RNC delegates. Cox did not vote for our republican nominee for president, Donald Trump, in 2016. He voted for Gary Johnson (equaled a default vote for Hillary Clinton). He did not vote at all for governor in the 2014 CA midterms.His presidential voting record also includes voting for Jimmy Carter (D). Additionally, he ran to be a delegate at the Democratic National Convention. In 2016, Cox donated to the George Soros connected Mayday PAC, which spent millions attacking republicans in 2014. He made the stealthy donation through an old organization's name, "Change California", not through his own name. Even though at the heart of conservative principles is the belief in smaller government, not larger, Cox’s central campaign theme has been his “Neighborhood Legislature” idea. It would increase legislature’s size almost 100-fold by dividing current Assembly and Senate districts into neighborhood districts. Instead of 120 legislators, there would be 12,000. The fiscal impact is increased county election costs of tens of millions of dollars in election years. In February, 2018, his Neighborhood Legislature ballot initiative failed for the third time. While living in Chicago, John Cox bought airtime twice weekly on a Chicago radio station to host his own show called "The Progressive Conservative". A progressive conservative's philosophy is that it can unite conservatives with progressive ideas. Most recently, Cox paid Reform California $250K to buy a position as chairman on the gas tax repeal. Cox's money allowed him an association to a proposed ballot measure he did not initiate on his own. John Cox is aligned with Newsom and Brown in opposing the death penalty, and was even against the death penalty for Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh. ~Compatriots, we have one chance to vote together as a large block to get the right gubernatorial candidate elected. Otherwise we all lose. John Cox is wrong for California. Please oh please do your homework. :) Here are most of my resources:
About Travis Allen.
Do your own research, but here is what I found:
Travis Allen is a life-long Californian. He is fluent in Spanish. He attended Long Beach State and earned his degree in economics. For more than 20 years he has been a small business owner operating as a certified financial planner. He became politically active in 2012 after watching the damage to the savings of his hard-working clients by government over-regulation and bad policy. He watched businesses close in CA and relocate to other states taking jobs with them. His best friend and family members also left. He decided to do something about it, and ran for State Assembly. He was elected to the 72ND district in Orange County, where he is currently serving his 6th year. He has "seen behind the curtain", but is not a career politician. He will introduce legislation to make the CA legislature part-time. He has requested U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions and President Trump come to California and arrest Governor Jerry Brown and CA Attorney General Xavier Becerra for violating federal immigration law and the constitution.
1. Travis Allen is the original author of a ballot initiative to repeal the gas tax, but the democrats used illegal maneuvering in politically biased courts to run the clock out on gathering petition signatures for his repeal. Travis Allen feels repealing the gas tax is bigger than any one person or group, and has now joined forces with a similar initiative that started four months after his. Travis has used money collected for signatures to mail out petitions for the later initiative and is working with the Howard Jarvis Taxpayer's Association, to ensure voters get to decide on whether or not they want the tax.
2. His conservative voting record in the state assembly is flawless. He is in the start of his 6th year-enough experience, but not a lifer. https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/138473/travis-allen#.WsQ7nKjwaUk
3. He believes in our rights to bear arms and will not approve any bill that threatens the 2ND amendment. He has said this about gun control: https://voiceofoc.org/2016/06/assemblyman-travis-allen-opposes-2nd-amendment-restrictions/
And he got 93% score from NRA: https://votesmart.org/candidate/evaluations/138473/travis-allen/37#.WsQ8f6jwaUl
4. He just formally demanded an audit of the DMV to make sure systems are in place to protect the votes of legal citizens.
5. He voted with the republican party for President Trump, embraces his policies, and will work with President Trump to build a wall.
6. He will sign legislation to repeal sanctuary state status his first 100 days in office. He previously introduced legislation in the assembly to defund sanctuary cities, but the dems killed the bill.
7. He will re-establish tough on crime policies that allow law enforcement to do their jobs and protect the victims of crimes, not the criminals.
8. He is pro-life. Planned Parenthood consistently gives him a 0% rating. In 2016 Planned Parenthood rated him 67% because Allen voted in favor of two women's health issues: A tax cut for tampons, and a 12-month supply of birth control, which is overall cheaper than unwanted pregnancies, and prevents possible abortions. He has never voted in favor of abortions, which is a federal issue, not a state issue.
9. He will work to make California friendly to businesses by repealing onerous regulations. He has experienced bad policy for business owners firsthand in his own business.
10. He has introduced pro-parent choice legislation every year in the legislature to allow parents to choose what is best for their children’s education, not un-elected Sacramento bureaucrats, and will fight for education.
11. He will ensure we complete the State Water Project to supply Californians with abundant water through our inevitable droughts and floods. He opposes Jerry Brown's Delta Tunnels, and will ensure bond money is spent on new major water storage up and down the state, including Temperance Flat.
12. He will not sign any legislation pertaining to single payer healthcare.
13. He will work to cut income tax and sales tax.
14. He will balance our budget by shrinking the size of government. He believes in making the legislature part-time, and that lawmakers should have to live in the real world under the laws they pass.
15. He has a five-step plan that can be viewed here: https://www.facebook.com/JoinTravisAllen/videos/1611100332315987/
16. He has earned a 100% rating from Cal Tax, NFIB, California Manufacturers Association, as well as an A+ from Howard Jarvis Taxpayer Association and from the Firearms Policy Coalition.He also has won five separate legislator of the year awards. https://www.facebook.com/JoinTravisAllen/videos/1611100332315987/
17. He opposes the high speed rail boondoggle.
18. Here he is in action speaking out for CA on the assembly floor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX1wOT_gWTg